Tuesday, August 10, 2010

French Language Assistant - Joelle

We are very pleased to have Joelle with us from Belgium. She is our French Language Assistant and she is helping our students in so many ways. Thank you so much to Sondra Tate's family for hosting Joelle during her stay at Mount Lawley. Without parental support such as this many of the extras we offer our students would not be possible. Merci bien Sondra, ta famille et naturellement Joelle.






Hi everyone,

My name’s Joelle and I’m from Belgium, not very far from Brussels. I arrived the 16th July in Perth where I’m going to spend 2 months teaching French at Mount Lawley Senior High School. I’m very happy to share the aussie everyday life with my host family, Sondra and Michael Tate and their children.

This term I’m helping years 8 to 10 to improve on their French. As a native speaker, it’s a real pleasure to share my mother tongue and my cultural background with the students.

French is an important language and it’s a real challenge to teach it. As a teacher, you need to use all kinds of tricks to make students understand how important it is to be able to communicate in an appropriate way.

Being at MLSHS is an opportunity for me to learn different ways of teaching and that’s just fantastic!

I’d like to thank everyone for their help and their kindness.

Joelle Poelman.

No comments: