Monday, February 15, 2010

International Students - Hola !

Thais, our international student from Brazil was a pleasure to have at our school and I thank her for her willingness to share her thoughts with us. I will seek to publish her post in her native language soon. Her comments illustrate the impact studying overseas can have on a student's life. I'd like to thank our students and staff for embracing our international students and their cultures and languages, that is something MLSHS can be proud of fostering, a wonderful tradition that continues.
Hi, my name is Thais, I am 16 years old, my birth day is 28 July 1993, I am Brazilian and I live in Sao Paulo, I came to Australia in 30 January and without know much about Perth and not a good English just the basics that we learn at school in my country, I tried, and study a lot during all this years, to learn and be fluent in this language, was quiet hard the communication in the begin but now if help of all the teachers, today I can ask and answer question in English, a fantastic result for me, I am here living with my uncle, aunt and cousin, I really miss my family, and I am going but in 21 December, before Christmas, I really enjoyed Perth, Au, I hope one day I have I a other opportunity to come here again, now I’ve got other plains to my future, in this school I learned as well a other language, quiet hard but that really give interesting for me, my the help of my friends and teachers, Chinese is one of the languages that soon I will be able to speak fluently, now I have I love about this country China and the culture, when I back to Brazil I will be continuos my study in this language,  my dream now is go to visit china, for my carrier I want to be a language translator or maybe I language teacher, simple but a thing that I really like and I am have with it, I would like to thanks all the teachers in MLSHS, because without then I wasn’t what I am today, I learned a lot, now I am backing to Brazil with a happy heart and smart brain, a complete journey. I meet some students from my country, was really nice, one Girl from year 8, and two boys from year 11 and 12.

No comments: